GunBidder.co.uk

GunBidder.co.uk
The UK's Premier Gun Auction Site

Search This Blog

Are You A Have? Or A Have-not? - Wednesday 11/05/11

Land is power. Those without it do not have power. This is a fact. "He who has the means of production has power". Land = means of production.

Attended another committee meeting today. Just as well too. Flicking through the agenda, I noticed the following.
"Hunting, fishing and firearms - following complaint from Su [previous landowner and neighbour] about hunting and fishing in the woods. PW"

This was most interesting. Obviously this issue was concerning my recent activities, as no one else here at Lammas hunts or fishes except me.
I don't own a firearm, they require a firearms certificate. I own a sub 12ft/lbs air rifle. The first inaccuracy...

Following this item was point 8.21 of the management plan labelled 'for reference'. "Hunting in common areas is not permitted. The committee is empowered to make an exception when it is deemed absolutely necessary for pest control. Any such activities on residents plots must be in accordance with current laws and regulations. JW"

My first thought was to explain to the group where I had been hunting. It wasn't the woods, there's nothing there! But I realised how vague the item was. There was no elaboration on the complaint, which made me question if indeed there was one. Paul W, the very person who put the item on the agenda, admitted that no, no complaint had been made at all. Merely a question had been asked of him by Su as to whether I was allowed to hunt/fish in the Lammas woodland...
Glad I asked! Still, the others present voiced their concerns over my fishing in the millpond. Jane said she had felt "upset and disappointed" when she heard I'd caught a fish and Melissa believed it best the fish be left for an otter that had occasionally been sighted.
20 fish were added a year and a half ago, so assuming they were infertile and none perished, there are 17 left. I had already decided to give the fish a break, but have now been formally asked not to fish for an undefined period.

I find it all very amusing.
So here we have the haves and the have-nots.
The haves do not. When the have-nots do, the haves ask the have-nots to do not.
Because the have-nots have not, the have-nots have no choice but to do not.

Land is power. The Barons knew it. The Kings knew it. Civilisations knew it.

Governments know it.

7:19 And the LORD spake unto Moses, Say unto Aaron, Take thy rod, and stretch out thine hand upon the waters of Egypt, upon their streams, upon their rivers, and upon their ponds, and upon all their pools of water, that they may become blood; and that there may be blood throughout all the land of Egypt, both in vessels of wood, and in vessels of stone.

The Builders Of The Hub Posing For A Group Photograph.



Magpie Decoy.







M Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome and thank you for visiting my blog.